Cowslips—continuing saga

final trace
Final, approved drawing on tracing paper. Ready to transfer.
work in progress 6-23
Here I am consulting—not copying!— leaf photos on my i-pad to get a better understanding of texture.
color swatchs
This is a color swatch sheet, testing what various greens look like with solvent applied on top.

Last night’s class was spent entirely on refining the drawing. I visually moved one of the cowslips to the back and added a couple of more leaves. Also added some bracts to each flower stem. I started to practice the intricate leaf texture on Primulas. Man, this is going to take awhile. By the time I get this finished I should be an expert! Good thing because I’ve got a primrose up next.